Friday, August 01, 2008

Update on my cats

The Alien:

He is definitely going blind in his old age. The vet says he can still see light & dark, but not very well. He bumps in to things and gets lost easily. He is also going deaf, which just makes him even more lost. I have discovered that if I clap loudly down low to the ground as I walk up to him, he can hear that and thereby knows that I’m coming. I don’t like to pick him up unless he knows I’m there because it startles him so much. He’s still a snuggle-bunny and loves nothing more than to lean his face into my neck and snort. He’s sleeping a lot, though, so only snuggles for about 10-15 minutes before he wants to be put back into his box. He’s got his heating pad in there, and he knows he’s safe.


Thing:

I came home early from work the other day, and laid down on the bed with my book for a while. Thing came up with me and sat down on my chest to chat for a while. She’s very talkative, and – while she isn’t quite the snuggle-bunny that Al is – she does like to have some attention once in a while. A big airplane flew passed the window while she was sitting on my chest, and she actually watched it go by – leaning to one side so she could see it better. She was pretty impressed with it, I could tell.


Djuna:

Junie is such a sweetheart. She has calmed down considerably since she first arrived, and loves to stretch out on my lap the very second I sit down. One of her favorite things to do is snuggle up on my shoulder while I do my card-making crafts, or while I’m on the computer. Both situations makes my work just that much more interesting – typing with one hand, trying to glue paper down just so while balancing a certain kitty on my shoulder. I wouldn’t trade it for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment