Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Drink of the Gods

I was feeling whiney yesterday – not to go into too much detail, it was just one of those days where you wallow in self pity for no apparent reason.

I had all sorts of obligations, too: things I had said I would do, and places I had said I would go. I just really couldn’t do or go to one of them!

Instead, I went to the one place I knew would make me feel better: the Modern Dwellers Chocolate Lounge. www.moderndwellers.com

It’s a tiny little place full of wonderful chocolate. They have chocolate bars from all the distant places of the earth. They have chocolate truffles hand made by the staff right there in the store. They have liquid chocolate served in a cup, but is eaten with a spoon. They have an eclectic grouping of chairs, stools, and couches to lounge on while savoring your selections.

About the only thing they don’t have that would make it even better is a resident cat to snuggle up with. I’m sure my Djuna would love to live there = she does love German chocolates!

I got myself a full-sized bar of Dolfin Chocolate Noir (dark chocolate with green aniseed) and a sample-sized bar of Vosges Haut Chocolate (dark chocolate with Mexican ancho & chipotle chillies and Ceylon cinnamon) as well as a cup of their liquid chocolate.

Sigh…

No comments:

Post a Comment