Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Playing with my Thing

My first year of employment at kpb architects saw the whole office going out to lunch for Christmas at one of the nicer restaurants in town. We all gathered together for a festive meal, with lots of laughter and good holiday cheer, paid for by one of the founders.

I ended up sitting next to one of the intern architects, and was chatting with him about this and that. I’m not really good at social events, nor am I any good at idle chatter. Unfortunately, my mouth got me in to trouble – as frequently happens with me.

I actually told him that every night, I go home and play with my thing.

What he didn’t know was that Thing is my cat, who happens to be a very playful little girl. She’s such a sweet little thing – that’s how she got her name, Thing.

I really should name my cats better…

No comments:

Post a Comment