Monday, August 11, 2008

Its official: I am in heaven.

I have before me now a huge bowl of fresh just-picked strawberries and raspberries! Life could just not get any better than this.

The strawberries came from my friend’s yard. I am watering her plants for her while she’s on vacation, and of course I’m going to pick a few of the ripe strawberries as I make my way too and from her front door – who wouldn’t? If I don’t pick them, they’ll rot on the vine and be eaten by the spiders.

I had a cup with me, intending to fill it – but there were so many I ran out of room. I scrounged around in my car until I came up with a wide-mouthed water bottle. Out goes the water – in goes the strawberries!

When I got home, I went out back in my own yard and discovered several raspberry bushes I didn’t know I had, so I harvested all the ripe ones I could reach.

Now – I’ve lived in my house for well over 10 years. How is it that suddenly this year I have raspberry bushes? Where did they come from? Why didn’t I know about them before?

Not that I’m complaining in the least – although it would have been nice to be munching on fresh raspberries all these years.

Not to fear, however – I fully intend to make up for lost time!

No comments:

Post a Comment