Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Dinner with my Friend

My friend Anne came back from Germany the other day. She’s the one I’ve been watering her plants for (and eating her strawberries). We met for dinner so that I could return her key.

The place we met is a pub/movie theatre type place. One where you can eat & drink beer while watching a movie. They show the artsy type films as well as the hard-to-find independent ones. They also make their own beer, and have really good pizza and burritos.

Anne and I did not watch a movie, however, we ate in the pub instead. The food, as mentioned above, is really good with lots of choices for a vegetarian. We ended up eating nachos = not the healthiest choice in the world, but it was really tasty.

It was Anne’s birthday (Happy Birthday Anne!) so I gave her a gift certificate to Modern Dweller’s Chocolate Lounge. That’s one place I know for a fact that she will find something she likes.

We sat for hours, eating and chatting. She told me all about her trip, the surprise party for her grandmother, her drama concerning her teeth (she is terrified of dentists, and yet has to have work done), and her plans for the future.

And, speaking of plans for the future, she has a doozey! She has decided to return to Germany.

This is a very big decision for her, and one that she has agonized over for quite some time. She loves it here; she has a great job and lots of good friends - but her family and her culture is over there. Love of family won out, so she says that when her visa runs out, in September of 2009, she will move back home.

I completely understand, and am behind her 100% - but I will miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment