Friday, August 22, 2008

Dinner

I was supposed to have dinner with my brother and his wife last night, but it turned out that only my brother could go.

My brother is a lineman for the electric company and works very hard, long hours. Yesterday was a very interesting day for him.

We had one of those freak thunder storms, with lightning and everything. TONS of water came down in a very short period of time. Whole neighborhoods got flooded out, with literally feet of water standing in the streets.

Of course, he was in the middle of it all. Nothing like working on live electricity while being submerged in rainwater to get the heart pumping!

By the time he got off work and made it over to my house, he was soaked thru to the bone and was actually shivering. I offered to throw his clothes in the dryer, but since they were filthy dirty he declined and just dried out naturally.

We ended up eating dinner at a wonderful little Thai place near my house. It normally takes all of 5 minutes to get to, but with all the road construction currently going on it actually took us about half an hour. He had the heater going on full blast the whole way.

The food was wonderful – he ordered a garlic chicken dish, while I had my favorite Kang Kari (a yellow curry with veggies & tofu), and as always we had the fresh spring rolls as an appetizer.

And the best part is that not only did I get to have dinner with my brother, but I also got leftovers for tonight’s dinner as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment