Friday, August 22, 2008

Voting

Well, that wasn’t painful at all!

One of my main excuses for not voting before has always been my dislike of crowds. I’ve heard stories year after year of the crowds at the poling stations: parking lots full to overflowing, lines wrapped around the buildings, hours spent waiting in line… who needs that?

Another excuse has always been that I didn’t know exactly where to go. I know it’s easy enough to find out, and that there are probably several locations to choose from within each voting sector – but it’s an excuse, and excuses don’t have to be logical.

Once I found out that a person is allowed to vote up to 15 days prior to the actual day of elections, and that one of the places where early voting is held is right across the street from my office downtown – well, all my excuses ran out the door.

Being the anal person that I am, I printed off a sample ballot from the MOA website so that I would know ahead of time how I wanted to vote on the issues. I read up on the candidates and made sure I got the right ones picked.

At lunch, I walked over to the city hall and was back at my desk 15 minutes later!

I feel pretty good about that, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment