Thursday, October 06, 2011

Progress!


Things are happening around here lately – I’m a happy girl.

My Craft Room: for all intents & purposes, it’s finished! Rob installed the window shades and fixed the chairs for me the other night. The few things that are left to do can be done at anytime over this coming winter, and do not impede my using the room. I am still planning on refinishing the table as it is old and has been well used. I also think the closet doors need to be painted so will most likely use up what’s left of the dark green paint on them. I have two more craft cubbies to put together and then install them in the middle of the line-up (of course, it would be the middle… it couldn’t be the ends, now could it?). Last but not least, I need to get something hung up on the walls, and am keeping a lookout for any cool photos I might take in the near future to print out and frame.

My Trip to Peru: I’m right on schedule with the plans, but as time gets “shorter” more and more things have to be done. Just today I had a meeting with my doctor so she could sign off on the paperwork, which then got faxed to Earthwatch’s main office. I still have to get the inoculations taken care of, but am fairly certain that I only need the anti-malaria pills. I have a travel agent working on my tickets, so will hopefully have that taken care of soon. I ran in to a slight glitch in that particular plan, however: when I called her today to check on her progress I found that she had completely forgotten about me and had not worked on my flights at all. My next call today was to Earthwatch to get a final number on what I owe on the expedition, so will be able to pay that off on time. My Expedition Fund was a whopping success, gathering over $2,000.00 in donations (THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL WHO DONATED!). And last but not least again, my Spanish lessons are progressing. I can’t honestly say that I am progressing, but the lessons are at least. Honestly, I suck at second languages. I can read it, and can somewhat get the gist of what people are saying, but I simply can’t seem to actually speak it. I just keep telling myself that I don’t have to be fluent… I just want to have a better understanding of the culture and its people.

No comments:

Post a Comment