Monday, October 10, 2011

Rest and Relaxation


I had a very quiet weekend, full of rest & relaxation. It was very nice, yet at the same time I actually got a whole lot done.

Saturday was my eye appointment. I had thought that my glasses were no longer working for me because I couldn’t see the close-up stuff when I did my paper-cutting and card-making. I bought a $3 pair of glasses at the pharmacy that worked better than my $600 glasses! (I’m exaggerating the price a bit)

Thankfully, it turns out that my eyes actually have not gotten worse as I had feared – I was simply expecting more out of them than they were designed to give. Apparently, reading glasses are for just that = reading. You hold the book at a comfortable distance from your eyes and read. I will continue using the $3 glasses for my craft work, and use the more expensive ones for my reading.

After that appointment, the rest of my weekend was completely unscheduled. I cleaned house a bit, snuggled with my girls a lot, went online and got a couple more essentials for my trip, watched a few movies & some TV, and even got to go out on a date!

Rob and I went to JalapeƱo’s in Eagle River for dinner on Saturday night. It’s one of our favorite places to eat, and I had a killer coupon.





No comments:

Post a Comment