Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Weather in Iquitos


I know, I know… I have months left before I get to go to Peru.

Still, I have been checking the weather in Iquitos each day. Iquitos is the city where I will be rendezvousing with the group, by the way. I guess I just wanted to “get a feel” for the weather ahead of time, so that I would pack the right things (theoretically, at least).

It’s kind of funny, actually. I check it each day – and yet each day it says almost exactly the same thing!

The temperature is 88°F, with the feel of 100°F (give or take a few degrees here or there) and it’s raining with the chance of thunderstorms in the evening.

Well… it is the rainforest, after all.

----------

Speaking of Peru: can anybody recommend some good Peruvian music to listen to? Something unique to the indigenous people...

No comments:

Post a Comment