Monday, October 17, 2011

The House of Bread


Have you ever eaten there?

It’s quite good, offering up all sorts of yummy bread products and sweet treats, as well as a whole menu of soups and sandwiches for lunch. I got to eat lunch there this weekend with my friend Lorna.

The person behind the counter taking our order was a cute high school aged guy, complete with acne and braces. He’s got potential, though = I’m sure when he’s older and done with the whole growth spurt thing, he’ll be quite the catch. He was very friendly, flirting with us and offering up suggestions.

I had to laugh, though. When he asked me for what name he should call out when my order was up, I told him my name.

You’ll never in a million years guess what he wrote down.

He actually wrote down “Rooth”

ROOTH?!?

Okay… well, it is phonetically correct, I suppose… but honestly, it’s a little scary. That right there is the future generation, just waiting to take over.

2 comments:

  1. Uh, you probably mean genarayshun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:27 PM

    Yep...and it's only going to get better! (or worse, depending how you look at it) " ) Lorna bee

    ReplyDelete