Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I Don't Get It


The teacher at the Spanish emersion school told me that I needed to purchase a Spanish-English dictionary for the class I’m taking, and recommended the Oxford Dictionary as being her personal favorite. I went on-line and ordered one thru Amazon.com using the $25.00 gift card I’d earned thru my credit card.

It’s advertized as “a pocket dictionary” so you can imagine my surprise when I received it to find that it’s roughly the size of my StarTrek Lunch Pail, and much heavier! This thing weighs more than my two cats combined, I’m thinking.

Now really = how can you possibly call this a Pocket Dictinary?

And yes, I have a StarTrek Lunch Pail.

1 comment:

  1. You americans are so civilized! In Russia we either buy dictionary in real shop for about $5 or use Google Translator.)

    ReplyDelete