Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Horrible Thing


I had to drive around a dead cat on the road as I was going to work this morning.

It was a beautiful cat, too: white, with black markings. I’m sure somebody out there is wondering where their cat went, and will eventually come to the realization that the cat will never come back home again.

Honestly – it’s their own fault.

I truly believe that cats do not belong outside in the city. My girls are both indoor cats, even though they might try to convince you otherwise once in a while. I provide them with everything they need: food, shelter, warmth, love, entertainment, and exercise. They don’t need to be out there on a busy road that is dangerous even for us humans.

I have no problem at all with cats being outside in the country. Back on the Farm, at the Lake House, and at the Cabin by the River (all places I have lived) we let our cats roam free. Yes, they hunted birds, mice, rabbits, and whatnot – sometimes even getting in to the chicken coup and helping themselves to a few of Mother’s girls. Still, that was acceptable as they were simply doing what cats do.

Sigh… what a horrible start to my morning, to have to see that.

No comments:

Post a Comment