Friday, October 14, 2011

Antarctica Here I Come!


Boy, don’t I wish… but, really – it just might actually be a possibility!

National Geographic is having a contest right now, and the grand prize is a trip for two to Antarctica! I’ve been logging on each morning for a month and submitting my name; the contest ends on the 17th of October, so I should know soon if I’ve won or not.

So, Lorna… wanna go to Antarctica with me? You’re the only one I know of who would enjoy it as much as I would, plus you’d get some awesome pictures for your website.

Here are the details from their website:

Travel aboard the state-of-the-art National Geographic Explorer and encounter the spectacular Antarctic Peninsula and the surrounding islands and waterways. Glide around enormous tabular icebergs by Zodiac, walk along beaches covered with thousands of penguins, and kayak amid abundant marine life. View magnificent mountains, towering icebergs, and ice formations that make up the dramatic Antarctic landscape. Cruise aboard sturdy Zodiac landing craft in search of leopard seals. Kayak in protected waters, paddling around icebergs as penguins swim nearby. Walk on shore amid thousands of penguins, including gentoo, Adélie, and chinstrap. Explore the world's last great wilderness in the company of a team of top naturalists and a National Geographic photographer. Approximate retail value is $29,000.







2 comments:

  1. I'd go with you. It would be cool... haha, that's funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:42 PM

    YES! I would gladly join you if you offered! Like-wise, I will check out how to enter and we'll both have a chance! " ) Lorna bee

    ReplyDelete