Friday, September 03, 2010

Sigh…

It’s been a long hard week, but with a lot of help from my friends, I’ve actually managed to get thru it. Now the real hard part begins: getting through the weekend.

Honestly, I could not have done as well as I have without my friends. I really want to thank each and every one of you: your help and support has been invaluable, as well as your patience and forgiveness. I do realize that my sob story is getting old, and I am doing everything I can to contain it – or at the very least be able to manage on my own.

The tears still hit me at odd times, showing up unexpectedly and completely unwelcomed. It’s rather odd, actually. One day I’m fine: I can talk about it and analyze things rationally and logically – then the next day just the mere mention of his name can send me over the edge again. Trust me; I can’t wait for that part to be over.

I have lined out a strategy designed to help me make sense of the whole situation, and think it is actually working. It will take time, I’m sure – but eventually maybe someday I’ll actually be able to look at a phone and not think about calling him! Won’t that be wonderful?

I sincerely hope that he is dealing with this as well, and that he isn’t just ignoring it in hopes that it will go away. He has a lot of pain and heartache of his own that needs to be processed and dealt with somehow. Men in general aren’t known for their proclivity to reach out for help; but I think that is what he needs to do. He is obviously not dealing with it well on his own.

If any of you out there knows him, perhaps you can reach out to him? No, that’s meddling - and is exactly the kind of things I’m not supposed to be doing.

It sure is hard to let go…

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:13 AM

    If you are up to it, grab a copy of the book "he's just not that into you" by Greg Behrendt & Liz Tuccillo. Yes, they made a movie out of it, but the book is different and a quick read. It has both a man and woman's perspective in a no nonsense, cut out the crap way. It helped a friend of mine during a breakup last year. I remember her saying it helped her understand how guys minds work and that how she was reacting to the situation was all wrong.
    Britt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:49 PM

    There is an old joke: The best way to get over a man is to get under another.

    A little crude, but sort of funny.

    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:40 PM

    "Sometimes your knight in shining armor is actually a retard in tin foil."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:45 PM

    It still may be too close to the event for you, but I thought the police incident was a riot. You can’t make that stuff up! I am sorry for your pain though. Hang in there. Someday you will laugh about it.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete