Sunday, September 05, 2010

A Much-Needed Reason to Feel Good About Myself

As mentioned in my previous posting, I have lost a bit of weight recently. While I am actively trying to lose weight, and have been for almost a year now, I do have to admit that these last few weeks have been so horribly stressful: I’m sure that has contributed in a very big way to my reduction in size. Regardless of how I’ve lost it, I am just going to go with the great good feeling of having actually lost over 30 pounds!

To celebrate, I treated myself today. I stopped in at Old Navy and got two new pair of pants – both a size 10. That’s 4 whole sizes smaller than I was a year ago! I only have one more size to lose to achieve my goal size. I am so very happy about that.

I also plan to stop in at Eddie Bauer’s tomorrow. I heard a rumor that they will actually take back ones you’ve worn that are too big and exchange them for ones that do. I’m hoping to prove that rumor true and walk out of there with several nice pair for work.

I also treated myself to a trip to the bookstore today, and got four really good books. Well, I haven’t actually read them yet, so don’t actually know that they’re good - but they at least look like they will be good books, and they all come highly recommended.

He’s just not that into you
     by: Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo

Wesley the Owl: the Remarkable Love Story of an Owl and his Girl
     by: Stacey O’Brien

The Whale: In Search of the Giants of the Sea
     by: Philip Hoare

The Windup Girl
     by: Paolo Bacigalupi

1 comment:

  1. Heather1:08 PM

    You're a size smaller than me now, I need to catch up! :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete