Saturday, September 18, 2010

Thick As Pea Soup

Anchorage has been blanketed in a thick fog for the past few days. Thick enough to have closed down the airport even. I look out my window and can’t see my next door neighbor. It’s like living in the Twilight Zone or something.

Very strange.

It does some very strange things to sound, also. The other night I was driving home from the movie theatre when all of the sudden I heard this very loud sound coming at me from every direction at once. I thought maybe my car was coming apart as I drove it. Obviously it wasn’t, or I wouldn’t have made it home in one piece to write this post. But it actually took me a while to realize what was going on.

Sadly, a woman was found dead this morning of a car accident. They believe that, while speed certainly was a contributing factor to her death, the fog also had something to do with it. Perhaps she just didn’t see the bend in the road until it was too late. She leaves behind twin 14-year olds.

2 comments:

  1. Heather11:28 AM

    So, what was the strange noise you were hearing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was my own car, just amplified and thrown all over the place at once

    ReplyDelete