Sunday, September 26, 2010

My New Roommate

My new roommate moved in this weekend. So far, she’s a very nice person. I think it will work out well this time around.

But boy, does she have a lot of stuff. I’m feeling very “invaded” at the moment; almost like she’s taking over the house. This will certainly take some getting used to. The kitchen is crammed to overflowing with her stuff – she likes to cook, so came with all her pots, pans, dishes, and supplies. I’ve given her a shelf downstairs in the garage, and it is full to overflowing as well. I lost track of how many boxes of stuff went upstairs to her room: I have no idea how she’s organizing everything.

At least the girls like her. They’ve been supervising the move to make sure it’s all inspected and kosher. They both slept like logs last night, too. They’re probably still sleeping, come to think of it.

Before she arrived, I had to get some furniture moved out of the room upstairs, and that’s not an easy thing to do when you have a bad back. Normally, I would ask Rob to help – but he’s made himself somewhat less than available lately, so I was rather in a quandary. Thankfully, one of the guys from work came to my rescue – for which I am very grateful. He had the bed taken apart and moved in no time.

As I left the house for my routine Sunday lunch at The Perfect Cup, she was actually heading out the door to bring ANOTHER moving van full of stuff!

Good lord, help me…

No comments:

Post a Comment