Thursday, September 16, 2010

My Life, So Far

My Job:

My hours have been cut back to just 20 hours a week due to the winter season. This means that I go in to work each day at 1:00 and leave at 5:00. This also means that any other job I may find will have to (hopefully) accommodate that schedule: not very likely. I am looking for a part-time job somewhere else to supplement my income, but might actually have to quit so I can go back on unemployment because I just can’t afford not to.

My House:

While I am so very thankful to have not had a roommate these past few weeks (I simply don’t think I could have dealt with one, what with all the emotional turmoil going on) I have once again put an ad out for another one. I need that extra income if I am to continue to make my house payments. I had hoped I could sneak by without on entirely, but at least I had this much of a break.

My Heartache:

I have learned a thing or two during all of this. One: each person who has a broken heart (and I know several at the moment) wants to believe that their pain is the worst ever, and that no other person on the planet has hurt as much as they do. They don’t want to hear about your own heartache, and really don’t want to hear that they need to “just get over it” and “move on”. Two: well… shoot… I can’t remember number two. I’m sure it was very interesting and thought-provoking. Maybe if I stew on it a little while, it will come back to me.

My House Chores:

I’m not getting a red door after all. I don’t have the tools or the know-how, nor do I have the strength to do it myself – and the one who was to have helped me has moved on. So, I returned the paint and got refunded the whole $8.00 and am just thankful that at the very least I did get my peephole installed. I did manage to finish up the garage door by myself but have given up on the roof and gutters. They will just have to wait till later: I simply don’t have the mental strength to worry about them at the moment.

My Blog:

I’m not going to send out notices any more for the updates on this thing. Those of you who are interested know where to go by now, and those of you who aren’t interested probably don’t want to keep getting my little nudges anyway.

My Cats:

Djuna has finally come back around to me. She’d been avoiding me like the plague these past few weeks: she really doesn’t like stress. So that means either I’m getting better or she’s getting cold. Probably the latter – I’ve actually had to turn the furnace on a few nights in a row! Thing and Djuna both love to snuggle up in my lap while I watch movies or whatever.

My Weight Loss:

I dug out my old ring the other day to see if it fit: and it did! I haven’t been able to wear it in well over 4-5 years. I’m quite happy about that. I’m still in a size 10 but am still losing weight – soon enough I will be back into an 8 again. That will put me at the size I was when I graduated from high school, and that ain’t bad.

Green Building Council:

I have stepped down as chair of the local chapter. They really needed somebody who could devote more time and attention to their cause than I have been able to lately. I thoroughly enjoyed it while I was up there – but know that they will be just fine without me. I still support the cause, and really wish them the best – but honestly I’m not even in the industry anymore.

Making Cards:

I stopped making cards lately, too. Honestly, I just have no interest in anything at all – but do want to take it up again. I do enjoy making them, and have plenty on hand to work on. I did cancel my monthly kit, however – no point in paying for something I’m not even using. If and when I get back in to it, and work through all the back-log, then I can always sign up again.

Get Over It:

I know this is a lot of negativity here. But honestly – I don’t care. This is how I feel at the moment, and I’m tired of worrying about what other people think. If you don’t like how I feel at the moment, well… too bad.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:39 AM

    I do enjoy reading your blog Ruth - you really do have a knack for writing :) so i will bookmark it
    -Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even from the bushes in Samburu, Kenya, i do enjoy and have fun reading your blog!! Keep it up Ruth.
    Mariita Richard
    Kenya

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your blog too. The update notifications work well for me, they remind me to go read it. I think you should just keep on like you've been doing.

    ReplyDelete