Monday, January 30, 2012

My How Time Flies


I am certainly having fun – but that’s no excuse for ignoring my blog. Unfortunately, you’ll have to make do with one of those “catch-all” posts that give you a brief update on all the things that make up my life at the moment. I promise I will post a real article some day soon – but honestly it will probably be after my vacation rather than before it.

So, first on the list of updates would be my car. As you may recall, it got munched a while ago. The insurance company has been very agreeable in paying for the repairs. I thought it was all going to be done by now, but the body shop has not received the parts ordered yet – so it looks like I will have to leave the car there while I’m gone. At least I won’t have to worry about a rental car. Rob said he would pick it up when it’s done so that it will be waiting in my garage for me when I get home. Assuming that there are no more delays, of course.

Speaking of Rob, yes – he’s still living with me. He did finally close on his house (YAY!) and is now busily working on the renovations required to make it livable. As usual, things aren’t going quite a quickly as he hoped. But with help from friends and family progress is happening. I have to admit that I so want my house back. This really did turn in to a whole lot more than I bargained for back when he first asked if he could camp out on my couch for a while.

My job is going well. We are in between big jobs at this very moment, but the work is there and I will be busy again any day now. This break gives us all a chance to do all the little clean-up chores that get set aside during the rush. One of those chores is making a recycling run: I really don’t want to do it, however, because it’s just so damned cold out there! But, the boxes are piling up in my cubicle… it really should be taken care of before I go.

Just 10 days left!!!!! I am so excited. I am also getting really nervous, too. Well, not nervous, really… maybe just jittery. That “butterflies in the stomach” feeling, you know? Rob fixed my carry-on for me, so that’s all taken care of. I have all my gear in a pile in the kitchen, just waiting to be packed. I have given the vet a heads-up on my planned absence, giving them my babysitters name and permission for him to take care of the girls. I have given Mother a packet of information about where I’m going, emergency contacts, and copies of my passport & I.D. I’m going to stop in at the bank sometime this week to get some pocket money. While I’m at the mall, I may as well stop in at Old Navy one more time to see if they have a light-weight button-down sweater I could take with me.

Djuna is doing well. She is still not happy about the puppy, but last night she actually came into the library while the dog was in there! That’s a huge step for her. She didn’t stay long, but she did come in. Mostly, she stays in my bedroom to avoid the dog. I moved her food in there, and put another litter box upstairs (in my craft room – I am not happy about that). She still gets her fluid treatments each week; I have shown Rob how to do it, and will watch him once before I leave. If he is uncomfortable doing that, he can always take her to the vet to have it done there.

No comments:

Post a Comment