Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Fender Bender


Well, I was going to write up a nice long post all about my wreck, using witty phrasing and clever statements – but honestly, I simply got hit. There’s nothing amusing about it, and I’m just not up to pretending, I guess.

The long and the short of it is that as I was leaving the grocery store one evening, the truck behind me couldn’t stop soon enough and munched the bumper on the back right-hand corner of my car.

Thankfully that was the only damage. No bodily harm was caused to either driver, and no other car was involved. The guy who hit me was a decent human being, too – surprisingly enough. He owned up to the accident, stuck around with me till the police showed up, and gracefully accepted the ticket.

Of course, now I get to deal with the hassle of insurance, body shops, car rentals, and time off work. But I suppose it could have been so much worse.

I called his insurance company today and got the ball rolling on the claim. I’ll take it in to the body shop on Friday to get the appraisal done.

Anybody want to take bets on whether or not I’ll get this finished before my vacation?

No comments:

Post a Comment