Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Expedition Update


OMG! I leave NEXT MONTH!!! I’m so excited…

I made up little packets of information for my Emergency Contact people so they would have all the information they might need in case they have to get hold of me somehow or (God forbid) have to claim my body and get it back stateside.

I’m going to get all the medications I need tonight – both prescription drugs and over-the-counter ones. I don’t need a whole lot of things, but should have the basics at least: Band-Aids, anti-itch cream, pain killers and the like. If I don’t use them, I can always leave them there to stock the boat for future needs.

I’ll have to call the vet and leave my credit card number there in case my baby sitter needs to use it. Djuna should be okay while I’m gone, but just in case.

I’ll need to call the travel agent and confirm my flights. Hopefully nothing has changed too much. I did contact the hotel and verified that there will be somebody to pick me up in Iquitos when I get there. I also have a city tour arranged once I get checked in and stow my luggage away!

I think that about does it for preparations… now all I need to do is wait till time to go.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:09 AM

    Wow! next month already!! I bet you are excited :) I cant wait to hear all about it when you get back :)
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Benadryll, you seriously cannot have too much benadryll when you goto the jungle.

    ReplyDelete