Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Let the Ordeal Commence


When I spoke to the insurance company yesterday to file a claim against the man who hit me, we discovered that he was not listed on the policy for that vehicle, so the insurance guy was not exactly sure how to proceed until he could get confirmation that everything was ok and the guy had not stolen that car!

I just got off the phone this morning with the insurance guy who called to let me know that he did get hold of the policy holder and that the guy did indeed have their permission to be driving the car, so the insurance will have no problems paying for the repairs to my vehicle.

What a relief!

They will also be paying for a rental car for me, through Enterprise. I’m to let the auto body shop know that I need one, and they will set it all up for me – and send the bill to the insurance company, to boot.

Now, here’s a funny for you: you’ll never guess what I got in the mail last night.

Two letters - one from a lawyer and the other from a physical therapist – both saying “I heard you were in an accident! Please feel free to use our services!”

Goodness… talk about “ambulance chasers!”

1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness for small favors! I would be really mad, actually, about getting those letters in the mail... who sold your info????

    ReplyDelete