Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Telephones

Those who know me know that I never answer my phone. That’s why God made answering machines, so I don’t have to answer the darned thing. I typically just wait to see who it is: if I recognize the voice, I’ll pick up. Otherwise, I just ignore it and call them back when I feel more like talking.

I definitely picked up the phone the other night: it was my niece down in Seattle! She is going to school down there, and had called just to chat while on her way to class.

I had sent her a little package; just little stuff like Halloween magnets, note cards, gloves, a cute little froggy coin purse, and some chocolate. Her phone call was initially to tell me she’d gotten it and that she loved the gloves – but of course we got to chatting on other subjects, so that the call lasted a good 45 minutes.

It was great talking to her, and it's even better having her nearby – as opposed to last year when she went to school all the way over in Scotland! I actually have enough mileage on Delta to get a ticket, so am seriously thinking about a trip to Seattle for a long weekend visiting her.

No comments:

Post a Comment