Sunday, October 19, 2008

Lunch with My Friend Rikki

I haven’t seen my friend Rikki since I got laid off almost a month ago. In fact, it had been several weeks prior to that event that I last saw her. So, we finally managed to get together for lunch!

She works a state job, so since I have the whole day open to me - we were pretty much on her schedule as far as the amount of time we could spend. As an unexpected bonus, it turned out that the day we chose to get together just happened to be a state holiday – so we got to spend several hours together!

We had a lot to catch up on. She is recently married, and the job she has is a new one, too. And of course, there’s all that’s going on in my life to talk about.

We met at The Yak & Yeti, that wonderful Tibetan place that recently opened it’s doors. I have been there before, so knew what to expect – but this was Rikki’s first time. As she read the menu, trying to choose one entrée for lunch, she kept saying, “Oh, I gotta come back for dinner! This one sounds perfectly scrumptious!”

After lingering over our meals & tea for about an hour and a half, we headed over to New Sagaya to do some shopping. I needed some mulling spices for hot apple cider, and hoped to find some there in a pre-packaged pouch so that I wouldn’t have to buy all the individual spices.

The only stuff we found was a rather large tin by Dean & Deluca costing over $8.00. But it really was all that I could find, and I’ve looked at other stores – so, I bought it. Hopefully, the hot cider will be worth the cost.

After that, we headed over to the bank and then to the post office. We were in my car by that time, and I had a few things to do at both places – so she was pretty much stuck with me. But, I eventually took her back to her car so she could go home and enjoy what was left of her day off.

All in all, at least from my point of view, it was a good day.

1 comment:

  1. A good day to me, too :) It was so nice to finally be able to sit down and catch up with you. We definitely have to make sure it doesn't stay that infrequent!

    ReplyDelete