Thursday, October 09, 2008

SPAM

I don’t know about the rest of you guys out there, but I am getting really tired of all this spam.

What can we do to stop it, though? I’m told that if you even just open the email to see what it says, they somehow know that, and will then send you thousands more just like it. I was also told that you should never, under any circumstance, click on the “unsubscribe” hyperlink. But they just keep coming…

I did a count this morning. When I opened my email, I saw that I had 346 emails in my junk folder.

41 of them were in a completely different language.

What’s up with that? Why am I getting so many emails in a language I can’t even read? What’s the point in that?

211 of them assured me I could have a larger penis.

First of all, I’m female: I don’t have a penis, large or small. And if I did have one, is it really that important that it be an enormous one? Are guys really that insecure about it? Please note, too – I didn’t get a single one assuring me that I could have larger breasts. Not one!

93 of them were miscellaneous ones.

These ranged from getting an on-line degree without having to actually crack open a single book – to eliminating my credit card debt absolutely free – to that dear old man from Nigeria who desperately wants to give me $80,000,000.00 if only I’d send him my bank account number.

No comments:

Post a Comment