Thursday, October 02, 2008

Interview #1

I had my first job interview yesterday.

It wasn’t really a job interview, though. It was more of an introductory interview with an employment agency.

I found their add in one of the job listings on-line saying they needed drafters, so sent them my contact information. They promptly called me and we set up our meeting for 9:30 on Wednesday morning.

I went over there with my resume and a letter of reference in hand, expecting to be there for an hour or so, but it turned out to be barely 15 minutes. The lady greeted me at the door and took me back to her office. We sat and talked for a little while about me and what I do. She admitted that the positions she had didn’t really fit me, but was going to talk to the employers about me anyway, just to see what they thought. We shook hands and that was that.

All in all, it was rather disappointing – but at the same time, pretty much what I expected. There are way more people out of work than there are jobs for them to apply to, and to think that I would find a job after only a week of unemployment is unrealistic.

I just have to keep on trying…

No comments:

Post a Comment