Friday, September 05, 2008

The Pink Elephant Car Wash

Since my dental appointment didn’t take nearly as long as I thought it would, I found myself heading home a lot earlier than expected last night. I decided to get my car washed since it’s been a very long time since the last one, and since it’s right on my way home anyway.

Boy! Getting your car washed during the work hours is a lot different than getting it washed on a weekend. You get a much better wash, that’s for sure.

On the weekends, every body and their brother is right there in line with you, so the guys who run the carwash are moving double-time to get them all thru the line as quickly as possible. All total, they probably spend about 5 minutes on your car before they usher you in to the machines, and then maybe (if you’re lucky) another 5 minutes rushing you out the door on the other side.

During the weekday, however, there was no one else even at the pumps let alone in the carwash. The guy at the front of the line spent a good 15 minutes pre-washing my car, and the guy at the end spent about the same amount of time drying my car off on the other end.

I have such a clean, sparkling car now!

No comments:

Post a Comment