Friday, September 26, 2008

Another Day, and yet Not Another Dollar

More progress has been made today – it’s actually going rather well, so far.

I finished updating my resume and got it posted on the State’s unemployment site (as required to receive benefits). I applied for a position at a local telecommunications company whose add came up because my resume was posted. I sent out several emails of inquiry to a few more companies that I’ve been told about. And I’m getting ready to create a cover letter – I have to think about it for a while, is all.

I even met Lisa, my sister-by-choice, for lunch at my favorite coffee shop in the mall. She works at the same telecommunications company I applied at – although at the time I didn’t know I was going to apply.

It was great to see her again – she lives just down the road from me, and yet we never seem to find the time to get together any more. She has her family and I have (had) my career. You know how it goes.

So, we spent the whole hour getting caught up on each other’s lives. It was great – it was also the first time I’d been out of the house in several days.

While I was out and about I dropped a few things off at the post office, turned in a bunch of rolls of coins at the bank (pocket change gathered over the years), and even stopped in at the blood bank for a donation.

And boy wasn’t that fun (not). My body really did not want to give that pint up. It put up quite the fuss – I had two technicians at my side, one with ice packs and the other with a plastic bag in case I should happen to loose the lunch I’d just eaten. At least they got the entire pint out of me this time. Last time I tried to give didn’t work. The technician punctured the vein and I really didn’t want her to go fishing for it.

Still and all, it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment