Thursday, September 11, 2008

Emergency!

I was at my weekly site visit the other day, making my way through the construction to take photographs and observe the progress, when suddenly several of the workers started running towards me. I had earplugs in – a construction site is incredibly loud – so at first I couldn’t understand what they were yelling at me. Eventually, I figured out that there was an emergency and I was to call the office immediately.

Naturally, my heart started skipping beats left and right as my mind came up with all sorts of horrible things that could have happened to generate this kind of fuss. I made my way back to the job shack as quickly as I could – while still being mindful of my surroundings, of course.

Once inside, the supervisor told me to call the office right away and pointed me to a phone I could use. I called the main number and got Yvonne on the other end. You’ll never guess what the emergency was.

Mike, the president of our company, wanted a zoo tour.

At first, I thought I didn’t hear quite right. “He wants a tour of the zoo?” I asked incredulously.

Yup… he wanted a tour of the zoo. And for this he called me out of the middle of my site visit…

Oh, what it is to be king!

No comments:

Post a Comment