Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Cheryl & Louis

My friend Cheryl is in town for a week! She and I went to high school together, way back when. She brought her husband Louis up to see where she grew up – it’s his first time in Alaska.

I picked them up at the airport Sunday night and took them over to the Bed & Breakfast where they are staying. It’s a nice little place called A Wildflower Inn (www.alaska-wildflower-inn.com). I got to take a little tour of the place when I dropped them off, and I can honestly say that if you ever need a B&B here in Anchorage you should stay at this place! It’s located within walking distance of pretty much everything downtown, and is right on the main street heading out to the airport.

Anyway, Cheryl and Louis are doing all the typical sight-seeing stuff as well as visiting her old stomping grounds. They will stop in on my presentation tonight, and Cheryl and I will meet for dinner on Thursday while Louis plays Go at the bookstore. On Saturday, I will take them to the zoo (of course!) for a couple of hours, then we’ll head up to Girdwood for a hike on my favorite trail: Winner Creek.

I think they’ll have a nice time, despite the weather. It is, of course, raining.

No comments:

Post a Comment