Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Honking My Own Horn

I made yet another batch of soup this weekend for my lunches - and I must say, I did good!

I started with an organic base of Carrot, Ginger, and Cashew - to which I added fresh-picked carrots, peas, and the prettiest head of cauliflower you've ever seen. I also added the obligatory freeze-dried veggie mix, the freeze-dried onions, fresh ground pepper, chopped garlic, and a huge cup full of long-grained rice.

I shared my creation this time. Mother came over a few days ago to spend the night so that she could go to a doctor's appointment early the next morning - she does not drive in the dark very well, so did not want to have to come all the way in from Palmer.

We had some of my soup for dinner that night, and I sent her off to her appointment with a huge bowl of it for later. The trick is to get that bowl back - Mother has a habit of conveniently forgetting where bowls originally came from!

Regardless, I am sitting here at work doing my Human Anatomy homework while eating my soup.

It's so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment