Monday, July 07, 2008

The Perpetual Kettle

If anybody is going down to Seward in the near future and is looking for a place to stay, I recommend The Perpetual Kettle. This is a very nice little Bed & Breakfast about 6 miles out of town, nestled into the woods next to a little river with all kinds of birds and wildlife just out your window.

The accommodations are very neat and tidy, with a country flair reflected in the color schemes and furnishings throughout the house. The proprietress is very friendly, going out of her way to ensure that her guests are comfortable and well fed.

My guest and I are both vegetarians, and while this did initially throw a loop in her plans for breakfast, she quickly overcame the initial “Uh oh” moment and served up a tasty fruit salad the first morning, and had bagels & jamb for the next day. She had brownies sitting out for us that evening, even, and tea & coffee is available at any hour.

Our room was cozy, with two twin-sized beds laid out with beautiful quilts and a fuzzy teddy bear that reminded me of my Thing (my cat, whose hair feels just like the teddy bear did). We could have opted for a queen size bed in the other room, but since my guest is married I didn’t think that would go over very well with his wife back home!

We were lucky enough to be there in time to meet their 9 little yellow lab puppies who had opened their eyes just the day before.

I love the smell of puppies in the morning!

You can check their website out at: http://home.gci.net/~perpetualkettlebandb/

No comments:

Post a Comment