Friday, July 25, 2008

The Stamp Attic

The Stamp Attic is a tiny little store just off the Old Seward Highway, between Dimond and O’Malley. It is a very dangerous place! Be warned…

www.stampatticalaska.com

Inside you’ll find hundreds of stamps, inks, cards, papers, punches, books, templates, stickers, and supplies of all kinds. As I said, it’s a very dangerous place to be, since I rarely walk out of there empty handed.

I have my friend Corissa to thank for getting me hooked on all of this stuff. Oddly enough, my friend Shelly has a part to play in all of this as well, even though she moved out of state 4 years ago. Turns out, both Corissa and Shelly are friends with the owner of the store, Betty. It’s a small world…

Last night, I joined Corissa and her mother at The Stamp Attic for one of their classes. For just $18.00 we got a head start on our Christmas cards, making 5 cute little ones (blank on the inside for letter writing) out of a new line of stamps that just got released.

There were three other ladies at the class as well who were all very friendly. Actually, they were a little too friendly at times. I am a novice at this – in fact, those of you who know me well know that I have never shown even the slightest bit of artistic talent in my life until recently. These three ladies sat down at the end of the table with me and “helped” me make my cards.

I really did appreciate the help, but I must say… having three ladies all talk at the same time, each one telling me how to do it differently, and each on offering ideas and suggestions throughout the class was a little overwhelming. To say the least!

But my cards turned out very well, if I do say so myself. I will be proud to send them out come December.

I even signed up for another class next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment