Monday, July 14, 2008

My Weekend in a Nut Shell

Saturday

I went to the Saturday Market to browse the local farmers selection of organic vegetables. I always cook up a big pot of soup on Sunday, so I thought it would be good to purchase local veggies instead of the other stuff. The market is just down the street from me, so I will be able to do this every Saturday on my way to the zoo!

At the zoo, I did my usual Discovery Tour. I had four people sign up for it this time, two from New Zealand and two from Malta. They were all very nice, interesting people, so we had a good tour. I unfortunately went a bit long this time, so they missed their 2:15 bus back to town. There is another bus at 3:15, so they were not totally stranded. I pointed them towards the gift shop and the petting zoo, so hopefully they found something to amuse themselves with for the next hour.

I got home in time to clean up the house a bit before my friend Anne came over. My brother had given me a brand new flat-screen monitor for my computer (aren’t big brother’s wonderful) and since I am totally useless when it comes to electronics, Anne got it all hooked up and working for me. We then took off for some antique shopping and a late lunch/early dinner.

Sunday

I slept in! It felt so good… both Djuna and Thing were curled up with me in bed, and we just laid there basking in the morning sun. Until the Alien started crying, that is. He is so old, and is now blind and going deaf – sometimes he gets lost, or perhaps just lonely. I got up and comforted him for a while, then got dressed and headed out the door for my weekly letter-writing session.

At The Perfect Cup, I sat in my usual corner table and got caught up on my letter writing, ate a leisurely lunch, read a research paper on cinereous vultures, and had several cups of Market Spice tea. All in all, a very relaxing way to spend the afternoon.

On the way out of the mall, I stopped in at the blood bank to give. Unfortunately, my body was not cooperating that day. They could barely find my pulse, and when they stuck the needle in, it punctured the vein – which caused a blood clot to form – which caused the blood to stop flowing into the bag – which caused the nurse to wiggle the needle around, trying to find more blood – which of course caused me to get all weak and feint. Finally, she gave up and sent me home. They were not able to fill the bag, which means they couldn’t use what I was able to give, and I now have a huge bruise on my arm.

Once I got home I just relaxed, made my soup, then sat down with my girls (Thing and Djuna) and did some paper crafts.

No comments:

Post a Comment