Thursday, October 25, 2007

Weatherization

For those of you keeping track: dinner last night was really good. He made the best meal! If you want the recipe, let me know and I'll post it.

Today has been quite busy. Work is going well enough: I had an internal review done on the project I'm working on, and it actually turned out better than I thought it would. I guess I'm not as lost as I feel. Just a little bit left to do, and it will be ready to turn in as the 95% Submittal.

I had to leave work early in order to make it to the physical therapist's office on time. Turns out I injured myself in Mongolia: I have microfractures in my left knee which only hurts when I try to kneel on it. She has told me to stop going to the gym till it heals - which is a bummer, because I just signed on at the gym, and want to develop a habit of going as often as I can!

I also seem to have dislocated my jaw! Now, that one surprises me greatly. How the heck did I dislocate my jaw = and not know it! I only knew that it hurt and that I couldn't really open it that wide: barely wide enough to eat. She's been able to get it back in place - now we're just working on getting it to stay in place, since it spent at least 3 weeks OUT of place.

Directly after the PT session, I went over to the AHFC (Alaska Housing Finance Corporation) for the first lecture in their 8-part series, titled Weatherization, designed to help you make your home more energy efficient. Who wouldn't want that?

As an added bonus: Mr.Oh My God is the presenter!

This particular workshop was actually a longer version of the one I took at the Bioneers Convention, so most of it was just review of what I'd already learned. But - one can never reveiw something too often! I did learn a few new things, and will learn even more at the rest of the workshops.

Future workshops will be: Lighting, Heating Systems, Ice Dams, Indoor Air Quality, Peak Oil, New Construction, and Crawl Space & Attic Ventilation

No comments:

Post a Comment