Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Last Day

The last day of the conference went well enough. I wasn't feeling too good, so didn't stay for the whole thing. But I did manage to attend the workshop I'd been looking forward to: Reducing Your Home’s Carbon Footprint, as taught by none other than Mr. Oh My God.

Honestly, I attended the workshop for the content, not the scenery. Really I did. Of course it didn't help matters that he wore a tight fitting t-shirt showing off each and every one of his chest muscles. Not that I noticed, of course.

The class itself was very interesting, and since I am in the process of attending to a few matters in my own home, it was also quite pertenent. Here's what the website had to say about the workshop:

The issue of your home’s impact on the planet can get pretty confusing: greenhouse gas emissions, efficiency, healthy / green materials, renewable energy, etc. How do you gain perspective? Where do you begin to make changes? In this session Mr.Smith (the name has been changed in order to protect the innocent) will share tools and information participants need for a focused, prioritized approach that can make a real difference in reducing their home’s carbon footprint. Recommendations for existing homes and techniques for new homes will be addressed.

After the workshop, as I left the building, I overheard several people say that it had been the best workshop of the whole conference. I agree that it was certainly the most applicable one.

No comments:

Post a Comment