Friday, October 26, 2007

Interesting People

I met the coolest lady at the Bioneers Conference. We both had taken Mr. Oh My God's workshop titled "Reducing Your Home's Carbon Footprint" and got to walk over to the dining hall together afterwards.

She is the girlfriend of the guy who owns one of my favorite places to eat lunch - talk about a small world! Embarasingly I have no clue as to what her name is. I am so bad with names!

Anyway, I ran in to her again today while having lunch at my favorite place (I had hoped to run in to her: it's one reason I went there), and again we got to talking.

The building where the eatery is located is an older building with several apartments above. She and her boyfriend are in the process of fixing up, hense the workshop at the Bioneers Conference.

It's the coolest building! It started out life as a Tile company; they used it as their show room, so they put tile down on every surface in every patern imaginable. Over the years, and thru the many different owners, layer after layer of all different types of flooring and/or wall coverings have been piled on top of each other, and they have had to dig down to the first layer in order to restore it to its original state of being. It's been a lot of hard work, but it is so worth it!

I'm very impressed with this lady (I swear: I'm going to not only find out what her name is, I'm going to make the hurculean effort to actually REMEMBER her name - some day). She is doing most of the work herself: everything from plumbing & electrical to tile repair and paint stripping.

I'm hoping to take Mother there one day, to show her.

No comments:

Post a Comment