Tuesday, January 01, 2013

The Beginning of a New Year

As always, we use this time to reflect on how we can attempt to make the coming year better than the preceding year. I don’t want to jinx anything here, but seriously – it couldn’t be any worse!

But it was brought to my attention that I have let certain friendships go by the wayside these past few years, all with the best of intention. My friends had gotten married, had babies, or otherwise started new families for themselves – and I assumed there would not be room in them for me.

Hopefully, I was wrong – because I need my friends more than ever right now.

So, my New Year’s Resolution is to make an effort to reconnect with them. This means finding things to do with them that doesn’t exclude children and/or husbands.

Not to embarrass anybody here, but specifically I am talking about Rikki, Anne, and Corissa. I really enjoy your company and want to be a part of your life. So be warned!

Some ideas I have: let’s go for walks in the park! Let’s go on picnics. Let’s go to the zoo. Let’s bake cookies.
 

2 comments:

  1. I hope that means me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friends are definitely there for you--even those of us all the way across the country :)

    ReplyDelete