Sunday, January 27, 2013

Research for Thailand

I will not be going on my next big vacation until sometime early 2014 – but that gives me plenty of time to study up and do some research on the subject.

With that in mind, I went to Title Wave the other day and picked up a couple books to add to what I already had. I now have a stack of what I hope are some really good books waiting for my attention.

The Civilization of Angkor 
     by Charles Higham
Ancient Angkor 
     by Michael Freeman and Claude Jacques
Discovering Our Past: a Brief Introduction to Archaeology 
     by Wendy Ashmore and Robert J. Sharer
Archaeology: Theories, Methods, and Practices 
     by Colin Renfrew and Paul Bahn

Those first three really do look interesting; I think I will enjoy reading those. That fourth one, though – it’s more of a textbook for a class – not sure that I really want to get quite that in-depth on this. But we’ll see how it goes.

Who knows, I may find it completely fascinating and devour all four of them in one month!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah6:43 PM

    Very cool--archaeology is just fascinating. My mom is an archaeologist, and it was always so cool to see the different projects her team worked on at their dig sites when I was a kid. I bet you'll have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These books sound really interesting. It must be really exciting to be preparing such a exotic trip. Enjoy every detail!

    ReplyDelete