Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Life 2.0


Actually I’m probably on revision 5 or 6 by now. I've lost count. But the point is: I am reinventing myself yet again. Not exactly by choice, maybe - but I am doing it, slowly but surely.

One of the ways I am doing this is by treating myself to some road trips. The first one I've already told you about: spending the weekend in Seward a while back. My next one will be a train ride! I saw an ad from the Alaska Railroad for a package deal and figured “Why not?” 

So: round trip tickets from Anchorage to Talkeetna, overnight stay at the Roadhouse, and (drum roll, please) a Pie Making Class! How cool is that? I get to learn how to make pie. Unfortunately they didn't have any openings until March, but I guess that gives me something to look forward to.

I am also registered for a couple classes at Summit Spice & Tea: first a tea tasting class in February and then a chocolate tasting class in March. And I bought myself tickets to see some folk music at the PAC in February.

Basically, I am doing all the things I've been wanting to do but haven’t because I knew he would not be interested.

What I am not doing is going out on dates.

Everybody kept telling me that’s what I needed to do, so I tried it - with disastrous results. I probably should apologize to the man who took me out for drinks only to have me burst in to tears right in the middle of it all. I’m sure that was not at all what he expected.

But I did at least lean something from the experience: I need to concentrate on ME now. At some point in the far distant future I might be ready for something else, but for now it’s just me.

2 comments:

  1. That is so great! Good for you!
    I've also decided to start doing "me" Things. Even if it means going to the movies by myself. (I love the movies and my ex hated them. We never went once!) Keep up the great work working on you and the other stuff will fall into place :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah7:14 AM

    Oh gosh yeah, doing stuff for you and you alone will almost certainly help! Going on dates so soon after a breakup doesn't work for everyone--myself included, so I hear you there.

    Can't wait to hear more about your road trips and classes and everything--it sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete