Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Road Trip


I really needed to get away this past weekend – just way too much drama to deal with constantly – so I took myself down to Seward for some ME time!

The drive down was very pretty. I took half a day off work on Friday so that I could drive in the daylight. I was able to take my time and not worry about the icy roads, stopping several times along the way to get out, stretch a bit, take some pictures, and breathe in the crisp fresh air.

Once I got in to Seward it was very easy to find my hotel. I stayed at the Holiday Express which is located just off the docks, so I got a great view of the harbor out of my second-story room. I checked in, got my things settled, and then set off for town to find something to eat.

didn't do as much as I had planned on doing while I was there. I cried a lot. I slept a lot. I didn't eat much at all. I walked the docks. I visited the SeaLife Center. I took a drive down to Lowell Point. I took pictures. I made cards (I had brought my crafting supplies with me). I wrote letters. I read my Kindle. I watched TV. I turned my phone off and didn't talk to anybody the entire time I was there.

Basically, I relaxed. Finally!

Admittedly, I could have done almost all of that at home, and for a lot cheaper – but I’m glad I went. A big Thank You goes out to my niece Katy for taking care of my girls for me, too!

1 comment:

  1. sometimes changing your surroundings is the only way to go.

    Deep breath.

    Stay afloat.

    ReplyDelete