Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Spring is Coming

Spring is just around the corner: you can feel it in the air, despite the new coating of snow we’ve accumulated these past few days. People are getting antsy and restless, eager to get outside and start DOING STUFF. Like hiking! And bicycling! And camping!

The Family Hiking Series for 2011 has been set. If anybody is interested in going hiking with us this year, just let me know. I’ll add you to the distribution list so you’ll get the email reminders containing the instructions on how to get to the trailhead. We’d love to have you join us!

My personal goals this year are 1) climb a mountain (Lazy Mountain, in Palmer) and 2) walk the entire coastal trail in one day. Both goals aren’t that big when compared to World Peace or Curing Cancer – but to me, they are both things I’ve been wanting to do for a long time. This is the year I’ll actually do them. Hopefully.

I have great big plans for my bike this year, too. I fully intend to ride it to work at least three times a week. I acquired a hand pump in case I get a flat tire, even - and best of all, Rob got me a basket! It’s so cute; it’s a white wire mesh one that attaches to the handlebars in front. It’s removable, even, so I can go shopping with it. I’m going to decorate it with colorful ribbon even.

Another sign of spring: my work hours have gone back to full time. This is a good thing on so many levels: it means the company has so much work they need me for a minimum of 8 hours a day, AND I get an actual paycheck with enough money in it to cover all my bills!

Won’t that be nice for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment