Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Rejected

I found myself with some time on my hands so stopped in at The Hole look, where I got my piercing and tattoo done.

I told the lady at the counter that it seemed as though my piercing was moving and I was wondering what was going on. She immediately said, “Take it out. Now. Your body is rejecting it.”
I was stunned. I had no idea that could even happen, and for her to be so bold and blunt like that. Wow.

But, as she explained, if I were to have left it in it would have eventually been pushed out and I’d be left with flaps of skin on my eyebrow – whereas taking it out while it’s still a hole means that it has a chance of healing completely without a scar. So I paid the $10 fee and had it removed.
It’s strange. I’ve haven’t even had the piercing a whole year, and yet I find that I’m really missing it. I feel somewhat incomplete now.

Once it heals thoroughly in a couple months, I may consider trying it again. The lady behind the counter told me that if they pierce it deeper, going behind the previous piercing, the scar tissue might act as an anchor keeping the ring in place. She also recommended a different ring – one with less of a profile to it.
Of course, my body could just reject that one, too. We’ll have to wait and see.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about your piercing. Some things our bodies do not like, and some metals either. MY skin hates everything! I had a school mate who couldn't do any of those, so she used eyelash adhesive glue and some rhinestones or charms and glued them on to her ears or neck, whatever. If they fell off, they were cheap and she put new ones on. Different colors and stuff all the time. Maybe you could experiment, make a design on your forehead and around the eye cheek bones like an African art. Something fun while your body heals. You probably have lightweight charms in your card making stash.

    Shelly

    ReplyDelete