Monday, April 28, 2008

Play Date with Corissa

I got to have fun the other night: I went over to a friend’s house for an evening of paper crafts!

I brought my card-making kits and all my stuff with me, and set it all up on her dining room table. She had all her stuff out on the opposite side, and was making a picture album for her 2-year-old niece. Her husband even made a run to Taco Bell for us!

I had lots of help: her cat was situated on the chair behind me, with a nice comfy cushion to lay on, and her dog – a big lab/great dane mix – was sitting beside me with his nose under my arm, watching my every move.

If we had been at my house, we would have had my two girls, Thing and Djuna, sitting on the table and staring at us.

Such good helpers, at both places.

Anyway, we sat and chatted and cut papers for about 3 hours. It was a lot of fun, and I so needed it. I’d had a bad day at the office, so it was nice to put that all behind me and replace it with laughter and good company instead.

I got a lot done, too: I made a card for Mother’s Day, one for Mother’s Birthday, and a card for my niece’s baby boy – who is due any day now!

No comments:

Post a Comment