Friday, September 20, 2024

Pickin Taters!

As we were unloading the truck, getting all our gear into the rental for the weekend, the owner walked over to talk to us. We assumed he’d come to welcome us – but instead we got the following:

“Yep, just spent the day pickin' taters. Did about 150 plants out front – got 200 or so out back to do still. They’re nice big taters, too. Sum of 'em are about yay so! I’m gonna give you sum!”

So, we now have 6 big potatoes! Each one could feed both of us a couple meals – they really are quite large. We plan on eating one, just so we can taste a fresh, just out of the ground, tater. The rest of them I’m going to dehydrate for my soups.

First, I have to cut them up into small evenly sized pieces.

Then I load up the trays of my dehydrator and get it going overnight.


Once it’s done, I just fill up a couple jars and seal the lids shut.

Our pantry is looking good!

No comments:

Post a Comment