Friday, December 30, 2022

Flower Arranging

Bryan spent a week down in Washington visiting his daughters and mother, so I decided to do something “fun” just for myself while he was gone. For some reason, I ended up at a Flower Arranging class! Trust me, I suck at flower arranging.

The location was pretty cool, however. It was held at the Mountain Field Farm, just behind our house on Scott Road (in better weather, I could have walked to it). They had taken one of their old barns and completely renovated it to a venue where they can host weddings and other fancy functions. Upstairs was an apartment for the bride & groom to stay at, with a full kitchen and dining room downstairs. The living room had a nice stone hearth with a large fireplace and plenty of wood.

For our class, they set up a long table and had a good 16 people lined up along it with all the flowers we’d be using in big tubs down the middle. It was crowded, but not horribly so. The girl leading the class took us step by step through the process, showing us how to snip the stems just right and helping us decide where to put them in the vase provided.

The end results were interesting. Each of us used the exact same flowers and had the exact same vase – and yet each creation was so different!

All in all, I had fun – but I can’t say I’d do it again. I really suck at flower arranging!

No comments:

Post a Comment