Monday, May 09, 2011

Garage Sale

My garage sale went rather well this weekend. I want to send out a HUGE thank you to my mother and sister-in-law for helping out. I doubt I could have done it at all without them.

We set up around 9:00 Saturday morning so that by 10:00 we were ready for our first customer. Heather brought 3 tables to add to the 3 I had, and Mother brought change to seed the money box with as well as tons of food to keep us all well-fed.

The stream of garage-sailors was fairly steady all day long on Saturday, but slowed down considerably on Sunday. While sales were good overall, the total amount made seemed a bit low to my mind. Not that I’m complaining at all – I’m happy to be rid of the stuff, and any price at all was more than I had to begin with. Still, two days of extremely stressful work for only $150 hardly seems worth it.

My next door neighbor set her stuff out for sale on Saturday, so our customers had two sales to browse thru, right side by side. My neighbor across the street joined in, too, but she brought her items over to my garage instead of opening up her own.

Rob was with us all weekend, too – but spent his time up in the spare room. He prepped the walls all day Saturday, and painted all day Sunday. He didn’t get as much done as he’d hoped to – but what he did get done looks just wonderful. I’m very excited about finally getting my Craft Room, and can’t wait to set it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment