Tuesday, May 03, 2011

First Official Bike Ride

My first official bike ride of the season was supposed to have taken place this past weekend. Rob came and picked me up Friday after work and we headed off down the road.

He had to stop and get gas, however, so we pulled in to the Huffman gas station - which just so happens to be conveniently located right next to a bike shop that he’s been wanting to check out, so of course we had to go in.
Rob is probably one of the most suggestion-prone people I have ever met. He went in there “just to look” and walked out convinced that he needed a new bike. All that salesperson had to do was tell him that it would be better if he had a taller bike, and he was hooked.
I was rather impressed that he didn’t buy a new bike right then and there, truth to tell. He managed to wait almost a whole 24 hours!
Getting back to our bike ride, by the time the salesperson finished with him it was well past 7:00. Both of us were quite hungry by then so we stopped in at the Indian House for a burger and a drink. I do like that place, but honestly neither the burger nor the drink were all that good. The bar tender watered down my Whiskey Sour (because, of course, I’m a girl and couldn’t possibly want a grown-up male drink like that) and the cook put bacon on my veggie burger.
Some people just don’t seem to be able to grasp the whole concept of “vegetarian”.
 Once we finished our meal and chatted with the bikers who’d joined us, we decided it was way too late to go bike riding after all. We opted instead to go window-shopping at The Castle, although I don’t know exactly how we went from “let’s go on a bike ride” to “let’s go to The Castle”.

No comments:

Post a Comment