Monday, March 22, 2010

The Adventure Begins

Today is the start of my US Census Bureau job.

I’ve got most everything packed and ready to go: one big purple tub full of my manuals and paperwork for the job; one big box of the supplies required to do my job; two tote bags full of food – because you just know that nobody out in the villages will be vegetarian; one backpack full of miscellaneous tools, like my binoculars, my pepper spray, my magnifying glass, etc.; one duffle bag full of underwear, socks, long johns, undershirts, journals, and toiletries; one duffle bag full of clothing; one duffle bag full of winter gear; and several different coats, hats, scarves, and whatnot. Oh, and I’m taking my laptop, too – so that is in there somewhere as well.

That took the entire day yesterday – getting everything organized and packed so that it will be (hopefully) easy to get to everything.

I’ve got my roommate lined up with all the contact information she might need. I’ve got my babysitter lined up with everything he might need to take care of the girls (my roommate can’t because she’s allergic). I’ve got all my contact information disseminated out to my family.

Whew! I think I’ve thought of everything… Now I just have to get it all stuffed in to my car, get the car gassed up, and head out. I’ll start out at 10:00 and stop off in Palmer at my sister’s house at 11:00. If I’m back on the road by noon, I should make it to Delta Junction sometime around 6:00 this evening.

I’ll be posting updates on my blog periodically throughout this adventure, but will not be able to send out notices like I normally do – so keep the link handy and check back in each day! Comments are always welcomed.

1 comment:

  1. Have fun Ruth, it is a big adventure! And good luck! I will be looking forward to your posts

    ReplyDelete